Leadership Skills – Schedule
PROfound Leadership is offering a range of elite events.
We are passionate about empowering self-driven and competent managers with world-class professional development and teaching the fastest way to not only accomplish tangible achievements, but to increase their confidence and fulfilment.
Future Leaders Of the West | Leadership Program 2021
18 February @ 9:00 am - 18 November @ 4:00 pm AEDT3950$
The Future Leaders of the West (FLOW) is a unique leadership program in Melbourne’s west to develop business leadership skills and prepare participants for community leadership roles. The program has been designed to provide extensive networking opportunities both within Wyndham and beyond, and to gain a depth of knowledge on this growing region not provided elsewhere. This means that participants will have an insight into Wyndham and the West that others will not.
During the FLOW program, participants will meet with leaders from business, government and the community and will work in teams to develop and implement a community project.
Working on real community-enriching projects, FLOW participants will grow their local network and learn to manage work priorities, communicate with impact, build effective relationships, manage team effectiveness and performance, step up, make decisions and be accountable for their actions, success and contribution.
Success in this program is measured by participants’ ability to:
- Develop, both personally and professionally
- Become well-rounded thinkers and leaders
- Perform tasks within a diverse team outside of class time
- Deliver targeted project outcomes of enduring personal & professional development
- Leverage from new connections to improve Wyndham
- Achieve tangible contributions by implementing new leadership strategies in the workplace and community
- …and more
- 18 February to 18 November 2021 - for one day per month (9am - 4pm)
Participant commitment and opportunities
- Attending pre-course welcome and induction session, as well as program graduation
- Participating in monthly thought-provoking, engaging workshops, consisting of facilitated group discussions, guest speakers, and structured developmental activities that are providing solutions to real-life challenges of today’s busy and dynamic environment
- Working in a team to deliver a community project outside group class time that can have a positive impact on Wyndham’s economy, liveability and community
- Willingness to undertake a leadership role in the Wyndham community
- Being prepared to travel to and experience a variety of workplaces and organisations normally not open to others
- Accessing key leaders and subject matter experts that can provide fresh perspectives on current issues and topics relating to Wyndham
Key areas of development
- Personal effectiveness
- Project management
- Emotional intelligence
- Effective communication
- Conflict resolution
- Change management
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Leading and managing others
- Influencing tomorrow
Who should apply?
- Staff members who have been identified as potential leaders
- Staff members in leadership roles who have had no formal leadership training
- Team leaders or supervisors who have had no formal leadership training
- People in community leadership roles who have had no leadership training
Need more details?
Have a look here.