Leadership Skills – Schedule
PROfound Leadership is offering a range of elite events.
We are passionate about empowering self-driven and competent managers with world-class professional development and teaching the fastest way to not only accomplish tangible achievements, but to increase their confidence and fulfilment.
- This event has passed.
Managing difficult conversations | Workshop (VDC)
16/04/2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm AEST$220
Managing difficult conversations
Facilitated by: Martin Probst - Chief Education Officer, PROfound Leadership
We can choose to evade difficult conversations. They seem too hard, and we don’t know what to say or how to say it. The problem is that the problems remain unresolved. Sometimes we initiate difficult conversations and wish we knew how to handle them better. Here’s the upside: there are well tested strategies we can learn to employ which flip difficult conversations into constructive conversations.
This workshop is an opportunity to learn how to secure productive outcomes from conflict with practical tips and techniques for better conversations. Difficult conversations might remain difficult, but the workshop gives you the know-how to manage them with understanding, skill, poise and confidence.
Bring along your own experiences and challenges and we’ll work together to create strategies to move forward with those difficult conversations.
- Team Leaders
- Trainers & Assessors
- Practical tips and techniques that lead to better conversations
- Increased confidence to recognise, structure and manage challenging conversations
- Ability to ask any subject related questions with instant access to different perspectives and a range of solutions
- Workbook to guide participants through the training, take notes and reflect on their learnings at a later stage.
- Recognising and managing difficult behaviours early
- Understanding conflict and the importance of a win/win approach
- Dealing with high emotions during crucial conversations
- Developing skills and confidence to have constructive conversations
- Structuring conversations and gaining confidence to turn dysfunctional situations into productive outcomes.
- Utilising real workplace challenges for discussions in a group learning environment
- Exercises to encourage reflection on own behaviours and those of others, and implication they have in conversations
- Interactive activities to discuss participants’ challenges and identify strategies to overcome them